Today, 05/09/2022, the Department is pleased to announce the publication of recently updated NMLS Checklists for Residential Mortgage Loan Companies, Mortgage Bankers, and Mortgage Servicers on the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System’s website.
The new NMLS Checklists provide greater guidance to the mortgage industry on:
- Who is required to have a license or registration,
- Required prerequisites for the license or registration,
- License and registration fees that must be paid to obtain the license/registration,
- Which documents must be uploaded to NMLS to obtain the license/registration, and
- Common issues that lead to delays in processing new applications.
The newly revised NMLS Checklists should reduce the processing times for applications if applicants adhere to the items shown on the Checklists.
For more information, contact Manager of Licensing Chris Osuna in the Mortgage Regulation Division – Mortgage Licensing Section at firstname.lastname@example.org.